Tuesday 19 March 2013

Loving Chicken Soup

It happened. After many days of strangers coughing on me on public transports, days of cold winds and pouring rain, I am now sick and writing this post from my bed as I can't watch tv because everything sounds like an explosion in my head at the moment.
So I'm being constructive and using this time to let you guys know about my Loving Chicken Soup. My mom's recipe actually, she explained it to me on the phone a few days ago when I started feeling like I was coming down with something..And it's so simple and comforting, just like a hug. Exactly what you need when you're down.

Recipe:
2 Carrots chopped
2 Celery Sticks chopped
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
1 medium potato or 3 small ones chopped in small cubes
2 organic chicken breast chopped in small cubes
1 big handful of spinach chopped
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp vegetable stock
Enough boiled water to cover the vegetables plus 1 cup more.

Put the oil, carrots, celery, onion and garlic in the pan on a medium heat and season with salt and pepper. Leave for about 5 min or until they soften making sure you stir every now and then.
One they're soft you can add the water, stock and potatoes and leave for about 15 min. Finally, add the chicken and leave for 3 to 4 min, make sure it's cooked through. I normally take a bit out after 3 min and if it's soft and cooked I immediately add the spinach and leave for 1 more minute before turning off the heat.
Serve in your favourite bowl and remember to drizzle a tiny bit of oil before you eat..



No comments:

Post a Comment