Tuesday 9 September 2014

Broken Heart Healing Soup....



This soup was born because recently, a very dear friend of mine had her heart shattered into a million pieces.. So..I invited her and her cutest doggie to my house for the weekend in order to give her some cuddles, a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on but mostly, I wanted to make sure she'd eat some proper yummy and nutritious food that would be good for her tummy, her soul and her mood.
As she was making her way over I decided to ditch all the cookbooks I was browsing through, headed to the farmers market and got the greenest vegetables I could find.. Going for alkaline options is always a good choice when your body and your mind are out of balance..


I made her some baked kale crisps as an appetiser and then this soup as a main. it was very quick to make and she absolutely loved it, so I gave her the leftovers to take to work the following day!
I won't lie, I also got her some raw chocolate ice cream.xxx

INIGREDIENTS
2 courgettes chopped into thin quarters
2 cups of organic spinach
1 1/2 cup of frozen peas
1 big red onion sliced very thin
3/4 cup of quinoa ( make sure you rinse it first!) 
1 tbsp vegetable stock 
Salt and pepper to taste ( I use pink hymalaian salt) 
1tbsp extravirgin olive oil plus a little to add at the end

Put olive oil and onion to a pan and leave on medium heat till the onion has softened. Add courgettes, peas, stock and pour boiling water on it until it reaches half pan. It definitely has to cover the ingredients and a bit more, because towards the end you'll add the spinach.
Leave to to simmer for 5 minutes, then add your rinsed quinoa and leave for another 10 minutes. Finally, add the spinach leaves and leave it for another 2-3 minutes. 
Take it off the heat, pour it in your favourite bowl and add a little swirl of oil on top ( this was my mom's tip, she always told me to add a little olive oil on top of my soups and it really does add a little something!). Get comfy on a couch and enjoy it with your best friend.x

No comments:

Post a Comment