Monday 8 September 2014

LA POLENTERIA



Polenta (cornmeal) is one of my favourite comfort foods to have in autumn and winter time. It's always been a staple in my family as it's such a versatile type of food that you can have with meat, vegetables, fish..
One of my best memories connected to this delicious food, is a family reunion years ago when my grandfather was still alive. We got the whole family together for a Saturday trip to the mountains, we went looking for chestnuts in the forest and after that,we went for lunch in the cutest cottage and had the most amazingly warming and creamy polenta with fresh, local, porcini mushrooms.. 
It was a perfect day. 

That's probably why, when I walked into La Polenteria in Soho, I didn't even have to think about it and even though there were so many delicious options, I knew that the gluten free, vegan polenta with mixed fresh mushrooms was exactly what I was craving! 


You heard right, this fabulous foodie spot uses gluten free, non gmo polenta, has tons of vegan options ( including vegan cupcakes for desserts and gluten free gelato from Italy) but also meat choices.. 
It's got something for everybody! Additionally, should you want to pop there for lunch from you can enjoy a LUNCH DEAL of a polenta dish plus a side salad for £8 on Monday through Friday and £10 on Saturday and Sunday! 


And if that wasn't enough....they also offer a HAPPY HOUR with 1 fruity Prosecco cocktail with either 3 mixed polentini ( small polenta finger food) for £5 or with a board of Italian meats and cheeses for £10.




I also shared a dessert with my mom who's currently visiting and spoiling me.. We tucked into a creamy Affogato al caffe', delicious espresso coffee poured over gluten free coffee ice cream...
Absolute Heaven.



I know Polenta is not well known yet here in London, so I believe it's time to spread the word and get yourself down to La Polenteria as soon as possible!! 
Gabriele, the lovely Italian owner, opened this restaurant just before Christmas as he loves polenta himself and wanted to make this yummy dish known here in London too. All the ingredients used are fresh and really mouthwatering, service is professional and friendly and the actual restaurant has a happy and positive vibe!  
I highly recommend it and I'll be back there very soon.x

No comments:

Post a Comment