Sunday 26 October 2014

A creamy smoothie for Ffleur..



I love dedicating recipes to girlfriends I love and who inspire me, it creates a special connection that makes the whole blogging experience much more personal and dear to me.
I met Ffleur through my ex boyfriend turned super best friend Patch. Since i first met her, Flleur has moved back to Wales, met her Prince Charming and together they now have the two most beautiful children I have ever seen. On top of that, she is one of my biggest supporters since i started blogging and that means so much to me. She loves my smoothies so this one is for her.

This is the creamiest smoothie I have ever made and it looks and tastes like a pudding you can have for breakfast which sounds pretty good to me. I have twicked the recipe this morning by adding some extra protein in the form of Tahini (sesame seed paste) and a little antioxidant boost with a sprinkle of cacao nibs (I have been using the fantastic organic Of The Earth Superfoods ones and really like them. They also have really yummy porridges pots to go you should totally try them!). Be aware that cacao nibs are yummy and oh so good for you but they do come from raw cacao, so if you are used to eating milk chocolate, do not expect the same sugary flavour. They are the real deal and can be added to your very homemade trailmix (mmm...new post idea!) or to smoothies and many other recipes.

I believe it's important to add protein to all my meals and snack to help balance my sugar levels and keep my energy going strong  throughout the day and my tummy full and satisfied! Trust me, give it a try.
But enough talk, let's get this recipe down!

INGREDIENTS (MAKES 1 SMOOTHIE JAR)
1 small banana
1/2 frozen banana
1 handful raw almonds
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 full tsp tahini ( I use organic light tahini)
1tsp Organic Burst Maca Powder (at least this the one I use because of its delicious malt like flavour)
1 tsp 1/2 Organic Bee Pollen (make sure you try one grain first to check for possible allergies)
1 vitC capsule (optional)
 vit D3 (optional)
vit B12 (optional)
1 cup Brown Rice Milk (I use Rude Health and love love love all of their products!)
1 tsp cacao nibs

Pop everything in your blender and whizz for a couple of minutes till smooth and creamy...
Pour in your favourite jar and top with bee pollen and cacao nibs!

Have a fantastic Sunday.

Love,

xxx

Foodolina



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job. For information about Web Designing Dubai or Web Designing Karachi please visit website.

    ReplyDelete