Monday 14 March 2016

Warming spiced almond milk



It's Sunday morning...It's really chilly outside...And you've been so busy during the week, that you realise there is nothing for breakfast left..Nada. Except for leftover almond milk.
This is exactly what happened to me yesterday.

Did I end up freezing and hungry? I didn't.

Instead, I used a cup of almond milk and added some spices from the cupboard.
The result was a warming cup of deliciousness, that felt like a giant hug and kept me going for another couple of hours till I managed to grab some lunch.

Ready in 4 minutes.
So, about to cosy up on the couch and chill? Warm up with this spiced drink and relax...



INGREDIENTS (serves 1)
1 cup of almond milk
3 cardamom pods crushed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 star anise
1tbsp of maple syrup

Bring the milk and spices to a boil, then simmer for 3 more minutes.

Pour in your favourite mug, add the maple syrup, stir and enjoy.

Love,

xxx

Foodolina

No comments:

Post a Comment