Monday 18 January 2016

My first Detox.


I am embarking on a 14 days detox challenge run by NutriAdvanced, as I want to know as much as possible about the science behind the detoxification of the body, but I also want to experience it
in order to know what future clients will be going through.
I am going to be an official nutritional therapist starting August 2016, and I want to make sure I am as ready and knowledgeable as I can be and help as many people as possible.

So, THE DETOX: I have been provided with a list of foods allowed (PLENTY, and including lean meats, fish, nuts and seeds, veggies, fruits etc..), and I am to eliminate gluten, dairy, sweeteners, nightshade vegetables (such as aubergines), eggs, soya, corn, alcohol (not an issue for me but I am thinking about everyone who actually enjoys a drink), caffeine (again, not an issue for me as I do not drink coffee but I know so many people who love it), no sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Drinking plenty of water (at least 2L per day), and herbal teas to my heart's content!
I can also juice and have smoothies from the list of veggies and fruits provided, aiming for 9 portions of vegetables and 3 max. of fruits per day. All these should provide plenty of vitamins and minerals..

Basically you are feeding your body lots of clean wholefoods, organic whenever possible.

We also received a big box with 5 different supplements, aimed at supporting liver function and supporting excretion of toxins..If you're going to release toxins from you liver into your body, you better make sure you have regular bowel movements (increased hydration should help with that) and exercise in order to get them out of your body to avoid them recirculating and actually making you feel worse :(

Additionally, in the starter pack I got lots of delicious recipe ideas and a specific plan to guide me on when to have the supplements each day.

There will be 3 liquid days where you can have soups and smoothies and the Ultraclear powder ( a blend of  protein, vitamins and minerals that also helps support the liver). Mine is vanilla flavoured, I tried it today after my workout and it was absolutely delicious!!!

Finally, I am now part of a Facebook group with all the other participants where we can ask questions about the programme, and support each other or share menu ideas.

This is important actually, if you decide to embark on a detox, make sure you are guided by a professional health practitioner as we are from the nutritionists at NutriAdvanced. You want to make sure you are getting the right kind of nutrition even if you are cleansing your body, in order for it to work efficiently and get the best results!

I find really helpful being part of this group, it helps to see that we are all going through the same challenges together and we are supporting each other. A bit like what's been happening in these 4 years of Nutritional Therapy training that has almost come to an end.

So a good idea could be to embark on a detox programme with a buddy, to help each other get through it in a delicious, fun and supportive way!

I will be writing a short post every day until the end of the challenge in order to keep track of my achievements and challenges. I hope this might help anyone who is trying a detox as well or who is thinking of embarking on one. Maybe even with my help in August, who knows?

DAY 1
The only real challenge today was the 7 capsules I had to take at breakfast, I am not a fun of taking too many supplements, however I did not have an issues digesting them so it was all good.
My post workout shake was delicious and I am actually looking forward to the next one..
I tried a new breakfast by making porridge with buckwheat groats instead of oats. Very happy with that.

I also learnt a new cooking skill: I poached cod. It was insanely delicious and took 10 minutes in total. A total winner.

I did get a little hungry mid afternoon and had a few nuts which helped.

Looking forward to dinner now..The other piece of poached cod is waiting, with steamed spinach, green beans and a fresh salad.

So far, so good!

xxx

Foodolina

PS: I am not being endorsed by any company to write this.x






No comments:

Post a Comment